Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dartmouth to Plymouth - Day 3

It was day 3 of my trip to southern England and today it was time for me to make my way from Dartmouth to Plymouth where I would be staying for 2 nights.  As I did a fair amount of walking the day before it was a welcome change as I would be taking the coastal bus from Dartmouth to Plymouth.

Rainbow over Plymouth

The bus that traveled the coast was a double-decker bus and I managed to sit in the front row where I had a birds eye view of the countryside during my journey to Plymouth.

The bus terminated at the city center of Plymouth where I was able to transfer to another bus that would take me to the Borington Arms where I would stay for two nights. I was welcomed by the owner who showed me to my room which overlooked Plymouth harbor.  The Borington Arms is well located as it is actually located along the Coastal Path which I planned to walk and not too far from the passenger ferry to the downtown and harbor of central Plymouth.

More photographs from my stay in Plymouth - Click Here

This map shows where Dartmouth and Plymouth 
are located along the southern coast of England

Close up view of the bus trip from Dartmouth to Plymouth





The Borington Arms