Monday, August 11, 2014

New England Lighthouses

Owls Head Light -  Owls Head, Maine

Over the past several years I have been collecting photographs of New England Lighthouses as I have sailed or driven along the coast from Connecticut to Canada.  My goal is to photograph every New England Lighthouse.  This has turned out to be a more difficult project than I anticipated mainly because many of the lighthouses are offshore and only accessible by boat.

I’ve been fortunate to have been invited by my close friend Peter to sail Downeast on his sailboat the Linnet a number of times and as a result was able to photograph some of the lighthouses in Penobscot Bay.
I do not know if I will ever photograph all the lighthouses along the New England Coast but I am determined to photograph as many as possible.  It appears that there are over 200 lighthouses along the New England coast and so far I only photographed about 30.  As is obvious, I have a long way to go before I can even say I have photographed most of the NE Lighthouses.

The first link below links to a slide show of the lighthouses I have been able to photograph so far.
Click Here to view a slideshow of the lighthouses

No comments:

Post a Comment